The Value Of A Criminal Defense Attorney
Most people charged with a serious crime recognize their need for the services of a criminal defense attorney. But the outcome of even minor traffic cases may benefit from such services.
A skilled and experienced criminal defense attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction in which you have been charged will help strengthen your case in many ways, including:
- Identifying legal issues in the handling of your arrest and questioning, including oversights in local regulations that can best be recognized by an experienced local criminal defense attorney
- Using knowledge of resources available to a local criminal defense attorney to find expert witnesses to testify in court
- Building a strong defense using the understanding of local processes and sentiments of legal professionals in the locale in which the alleged crime was committed
- Negotiating the best possible outcome through a plea bargain agreement (if such a strategy is best for the client)
- Using familiarity with the practices of the local prosecution
Your attorney should be at your side during all interviews with law enforcement officials. It is important to retain counsel as soon as possible after criminal charges have been filed.
Elliot R. Warren is a skilled and experienced criminal defense attorney who has successfully handled hundreds of cases. He is licensed to practice law in Connecticut, New York, and the District of Columbia. He regularly appears in the federal courts in Connecticut — Bridgeport, Hartford and New Haven. He also appears in state courts throughout Connecticut — Bridgeport, Danbury, Stamford, Ansonia, Meriden, New Haven, Waterbury, Hartford and New Britain. He has also been involved in matters before federal courts in New York, the District of Columbia, and elsewhere.
Elliot R. Warren represents clients from cities and towns throughout Fairfield County, but primarily from Westport, Norwalk, Fairfield, Stamford, Weston, Bridgeport and Danbury. With his background in criminal law and his experience in defending clients in criminal cases, he provides exceptional, personalized legal advice and service on a cost-effective basis.